Poké Kingdom

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to PokéKingdom! In a world where humans must coexist with Pokémon, you play a young student whose number one priorities are to complete tasks and make friends in humans and Pokémon alike. Prepare to embark on the journey of a lifetime!

+7
Chuckles O' Fun
Reverse
Josh™
Nihility
Mt. Moon
Jαʞ™
♥Aphrodite.
11 posters

Viridian City

♥Aphrodite.
    ♥Aphrodite.
    Admin

Viridian City Empty Viridian City

Post  ♥Aphrodite. Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:29 pm

Viridian City Viridian_City_outskirts

Places of Interest:
    Pokémon Academy
    Trainer House
    Jαʞ™
    Jαʞ™

Viridian City Empty Re: Viridian City

Post  Jαʞ™ Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:40 am

After a little bit of a walk, JaK finally arrives in Viridian City. He looks out at the quaint Town and takes a deep breathe, having not been here in what felt like forever. But there's no time to reminisce, he had a gym badge to win. Heading towards the the Viridian City Gym now, he wonders if he's ready for this.
    ♥Aphrodite.
    ♥Aphrodite.
    Admin

Post  ♥Aphrodite. Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:08 pm

Finally arriving at the first stop on their journey, Squirt and Sammie headed to the PokeCenter. They were tired, and needed somewhere to sleep for the night. Mason had always told her that if she wanted a safe place to rest, a Center would be the spot.
    Jαʞ™
    Jαʞ™

Post  Jαʞ™ Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:16 pm

Meanwhile JaK headed to the Gym with Treecko, but as he arrived at the doors. He found it to be locked up...

"Hey, what gives?"

Suddenly a familiar woman would step out from around the side of the building. It was in fact JaK's old teacher.

"Oh, hi there JaK. I see you didn't waste time starting on your adventure. This is Gym is closed now ya know, the leader used to be Giovanni, but they locked him away. So until they can find a suitable replacement, the place has been sealed up tight."

"Awww, well that sucks."

"Haha, now, now. Don't worry you'll still get your chance, the next gym is in Pewter City, but before you take off like a Zubat out of heck. I need to give you a little quiz at the school."

"Come on, I already graduated teach. Can't you cut me some slack from all the homework for once."

"Now JaK, when it comes to Pokemon, you can never know to much. Besides, the kids would love to see a real trainer and I'll give you something special if you pass."

"Hmm, what is it?"

"Nope, come with me and you'll find out."

"Sigh, fiiiiiine."

JaK still a little disappointed about the gym, would follow his old teacher back to the academy. So he could be tested on his knowledge of pokemon so far.
    Mt. Moon
    Mt. Moon
    Admin

Post  Mt. Moon Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:17 pm

After a battle with a new friend, Krissy find herself heaving through her hike as she makes it to Viridian City! Krissy takes her Pokeballs up to a Red Haired woman in the Pokemon center, staring her up and down. Krissy suddenly covers her mouth and squeals in excite! She begins to fan herself a bit, showing her over the top ways a bit, as she calms enough to speak at the shocked Nurse.

" OH MY GOSH! Wow! I am a huge fan of your judging skills! I saw you on TV when I watched the Grand Festival last year on TV! Your honest but so warm and reassuring at the same time! "

Krissy grins ear to ear as the Nurse Joy who has a small giggle before correcting the fan-girling girl that is Krissy!

" You must have seen my cousin! She was at the Festival as a judge! It's okay, people say we look a lot alike! ... but no I am the Nurse here in Viridian ... can I heal your Pokemon for you? "

Krissy blushes in embarassment at her mistake and nods, handing off the Pokeball that contains her Abra to be healed up nice. After a polite thank you, Krissy heads back out, looking for a place to spend the night! She walks a while looking around when she hears a stranger ruckus ...
    Nihility
    Nihility

Post  Nihility Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:17 am

After laying a foot on Viridian City, Exz wastes no time and heads to the PC in hysteria. Due to his activated adrenaline, Exz quickly finds the Pokemon Center. He immediately charges in...and runs at the counter to Nurse Joy.

"Nurse Joy...I need your help. My Charmander's in terrible condition..."

"Wha..what happened?! May I see him?"

Exz takes out the pokeball containing Charmander and hands it to Nurse Joy.

"Please take care of him..."

He said while watching Nurse Joy walk away towards the back, to start tending on his Charmander. Exz stands there for more seconds, with his head down, worrying so much about his pokemon. Exz soon walks away, and sits in the Waiting Area. On his seat, he starts to inhale and exhale, to relax himself.

♥Aphrodite.
    ♥Aphrodite.
    Admin

Post  ♥Aphrodite. Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:19 am

Sammie and Squirt work up from their sleep inside of the PokeCenter booth, and after enjoying a basic breakfast of ramen noodles and Pokemon Food, Sammie had the great idea to call home and check in! The two booted up the video conferencing machine and waited to greet whoever picked up. It was Sammie's brother Mason!

Mason
    "What's up? Small Fry and Squirt... don't you two make a duo for the ages?"

Sammie "You're sooo funny. Where is everyone?"

Mason "Still asleep. It's like, eight o' clock in the morning. But the better question is where are you?"

Sammie "I'm in Viridian City. I'm going to challenge the gym leader today!"

Mason "Ummm, no you aren't. That gym's been shut down ever since the Jennies caught Giovanni. You won't be able to challenge a gym until you make it to Pewter City."

Sammie "Oh."

Sammie sort of hangs her head, having her aspirations for today crushed. Squirt pats her back and Mason sort of feels bad for her. So he decides to let her in on a little surprise.

Mason
    "Aww, cheer up Sammie. Look, I wanted you to stumble upon my gift all on your own, but now's as good a time as any. Why don't you take a look in your bag, in the front zipper? When you and Natalya weren't looking I slipped something in there for you."

Sammie picks up her bag so that her brother can see her rummaging through it. Her face lights up and then she pulls out three condensed-sized Pokeballs! She holds them in the crevices of her fingers and smiles into the camera.

Sammie "Thanks Mason! This should get me off to a great start. Now I don't have to buy any for a while."

Mason "Well I wasn't using 'em right now, so I figured you might as well have 'em. What do you and Squirt plan on doing today?"

Squirt hunched up her shoulders because she had no idea, and Sammie did the same.

Mason "There's an academy in Viridian. You might wanna stop in, just to cement everything you know before going on to the first gym. Just a suggestion.

Sammie tells Mason that she'll take him up on that suggestion. After they've both said their good bye's, the call ends and Sammie places her three Pokeballs on her hip - just for show. The two thank the Nurse for allowing them to stay the night and then they head off toward the Academy.
    Jαʞ™
    Jαʞ™

Post  Jαʞ™ Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:05 pm

Viridian City 180px-PokemonTrainersSchool-Academy

JaK followed his teacher all the way to the front door of the school and as he did so, made a grim face as he looked at the building as a whole. Remembering all the times he spent here, hoping a dreaming that he could just get away. He wasn't a straight A student then and he wasn't enthusiastic about being tested now.

"Hello class, how are all of you?"

All the kids sitting at their desk, would then answer back with smiles on their faces.

"I've got a real treat for all of you today, this young trainer here used to be a student off mine like all of you and now he's just started his journey."

A boy would then raise his hand and ask if JaK had a pokemon?

"Why yes Jimmy, he does have his own pokemon."

The kids would then yell out "COOL" all at once and jump up from their desks swarming JaK. Asking if they could see it.

"I'm not sure if that's such a good idea, but if you really want me to. Go Treecko!"

Jak would open up Treecko's ball and release it in a flash of red light onto the floor, next to his foot. All the kids swarming and pulling on it like a new doll.

"Say hi Treecko.....Um, say uh kids. Treecko doesn't look very happy. Maybe you should quit pulling on him like that before he---"

Suddenly Treecko would leap up, smacking a few kids with it's tail. Before leaping across the desks and into the teacher's arms. Leaving JaK to face palm, as some of the toddlers cried from the attack they recieved.

"Does that..."

"It's ok JaK, remember children. Pokemon aren't toys and they're not pets either. You must treat them as equals and none of you would want anyone pulling on your tail, I assure you."

As she said this, the teacher would let out a light chuckle. While Treecko, who wasn't amused. Just chewed on the stick in his mouth with his arms folded.

"But I must say JaK, your pokemon does seem to have a bit of an attitude doesn't it?"

"Ya, it hasn't really adjusted to me yet, I guess"

"Well that's to be expected, it knows nothing about you. As a trainer, it's your job to be familiar with it, so it can be familiar with you. Which by the way, brings us to our quiz for today, are you ready JaK?"

"Gulp, ready as I'll ever be."

"Ok children, take out a pad and a pen and write this question down. Lets see how much my former student knows about his new pokemon?"
    Mt. Moon
    Mt. Moon
    Admin

Post  Mt. Moon Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:33 pm

Krissy follows the odd sounds she hears late at night ... through town, up and down streets. She finally arrives to the scene of the noise ... the Trainer School!? She assumes that a night class is going on and that she could drop in and learn a thing or two ... but when her hands wrap around the door and pull, nothing happens. It's locked?

" Odd ... "

She hears some one shouting suddenly! She turns and follows the noise more, and finds herself walking up an ally beside the school. Her heart pulses and her palms become sweaty as her mind goes crazy on her ... is it a mugging or a horrible fight between two people late at night? She sends out Abra to be sure ... and surprisingly, Abra senses her danger and decides to follow instead of ignore her as he usually would. The generic horror movie build up music plays in her head as she turns the corner, and in horror movie fashion it's a false alarm.

" A ... a battle? "

Viridian City Spr_4p_136 VS. Viridian City Spr_4h_068

She whispers to herself as she has peers at the Trainer Schools field which is occupied by two people using it after hours to fight. A Machamp hoists a Flareon above it's head and tosses it at the wall with Strength! But Flareon turns and uses a strong Fire Spin to keep herself from hitting the wall! Flareon lands with grace, before darting off at impressive speeds with a Quick Attack! Machamp cross his arms, ready to stop it in its tracks with a Cross Chop! But just before Flareon is about to run head first into the attack, the crafty creature uses a Fire Blast on the ground, propelling her in air like a poll vaulter before landing behind Machamp and then crunches down with a Fire Fang, sending the behemoth Pokemon down and out! Krissy looks impressed and shocked that the little Pokemon could take down such a huge opponent!

" See I told you Coordinators are better then trainers ... "

A young arrogant man smirks as a the muscle head he is talking to forks up some money, obvious the two had a wager on the match. The muscle head returns his Pokemon and leaves, not even saying a word to Krissy as he leaves. Krissy walks over cautiously as Abra follows ... the two approach the victor of the match they just witnessed ...

Josh™

Post  Josh™ Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:40 pm

Josh and Officer Jenny now arrive in Viridian City and Josh thanks her for the ride and they say their goodbyes. Chimchar then hops down from Joshd head and Josh scans the area quickly, this was his first time in a new city and he wanted to make the most of it

Josh: Ready for the first look around a new city Chimchar?

Chimchar then runs off through the city leaving Josh to chase him
    Mt. Moon
    Mt. Moon
    Admin

Post  Mt. Moon Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:54 pm

Krissy walks over to the coordinator who just wiped the floor with a bone head, and looks to tell him how amazing he was out there, when the arrogant young man smirks.

" ... oh an audience? Want more? "

He hands her a entrance ticket to the next Contest and walks off, leaving her a little shocked at his lack of talking to her and arrogance, but shrugs it off and her and Abra leave back into the night searching for a place to stay when they hear Dean's voice calling them, and turn quickly with a smile!
    Nihility
    Nihility

Post  Nihility Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:23 am

Exz unexpectedly sleeps on the seat where he was relaxing. He has slept there for an hour, to the point that the other people who have waited have already left because they have no more businesses there. Nurse Joy sees Exz and she walks over him. Nurse Joy smiles at the scene...Exz then suddenly wakes up. He first sees Nurse Joy's face, causing him to be a little freaked out. He pinches his nose first, and tries to breath, doing a reality check is he's still in a dream. After finding out that this is the reality, by being unable to breath with a pinched nose, Exz stands up and fixes his attire. He looks around, seeing that he's now the only one there. He puts his head down in shame, and scratches his head. He just realized that he's slept there.

"Hey Nurse Joy...I apologize..."

Nurse Joy chuckles at first before replying with a smile

"It's okay trainer. What matters is is that you've recuperated..."

"Yeah I did."

Just then...his pokemon Charmander comes into his mind. And he recalls that he was in a bad situation, he believed.

"Oh hey, how's my Charmander by the way? Is he okay?"

Nurse Joy, still with a smile, gladly says yes. Exz would then let out a sigh of relief...

"And also...you've made me worried so much earlier. I found out that he really was not in a terrible condition unlike what you've told me. That was just a simple thing. You've pushed him almost out of his limits though...from my observations."

"Yeah...he saved me from a swarm of dreadful Beedrill. He had to come to the point where he had to activate his ability Blaze before he burned all of them. I was so grateful, I owe my life to him."

"Oh...so that is the story. Well I must say you will easily build a strong relationship with him. Although that saving may be just simple...but that means so much. it means that Charmander loves you. It means he cares about you..."

Exz smiles widely

"Yes, and I love him too."

Nurse Joy nods in approval with a smile

"Anyway, Charmander's now back on full condition. Here..."

Nurse Joy hands him the pokeball...and Exz takes it.

"Thank you so much. I owe you one. Also, may I ask another question? DO you know where is the gym?"

Nurse Joy tell the directions in a normal pace, hoping that Exz has followed and understood it successfully.

"BUT, I have to tell you something that should also be informed to all trainers. That gym is currently not available...no one knows when will it open for challengers to get the Earth Badge. After Giovanni, the former gym leader of it, had been arrested, it was closed for months."

Exz puts his head down and facepalms...because his plan has just been crushed.

"Well...still, thank you for all Nurse Joy! Bye, good luck."

Exz waves at her with a smile...before stepping out of the PC.
    ♥Aphrodite.
    ♥Aphrodite.
    Admin

Post  ♥Aphrodite. Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:27 am

Coming up to the Academy just a little late, Sammie can hear that the classroom bells are already ringing.

Sammie "Uh-oh! I think we're late, Squirt. Better hurry!"

The two take off into a mad dash and stop just before they run into the door. Sam slowly pushes open the door, seeing everyone hunched over their desk writing. Oh no, she's interrupted a quiz.

Teacher "May I help you?"

All of the kids turn around to the girl and her Squirtle as she smiles and rubs the back of her neck. Hopefully the teacher would understand.

Sammie
    "Oh, yes ma'am. I was just wondering if I could sit in on your cla-"

Teacher
    "Wait, are you a trainer?"

Sammie "Ummmm, yes ma'am...?"

Teacher "Then if you would, please step up to the front of the class. You and your adorable little Squirtle! If you want to sit in on my class, then you can join JaK up here as my students quiz you both."

Maybe Sammie shouldn't have come here. She just knew she was going to fail this quiz and look like an idiot in front of all of these little kids, and the cute boy named JaK. But, she couldn't just disrespect the teacher. She and Squirt slowly made their way to just in front of the chalkboard. Once there, Sammie picked up Squirt and held onto her while awaiting the next step in this examination process.

TBC by JaK
    Jαʞ™
    Jαʞ™

Post  Jαʞ™ Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:52 am

"Ok you two, here's your first question. What's one ability that your specific pokemon has, that you've seen so far?"

"Hmm, probably the ability to climb on walls and solid objects. I saw him do that, on a couple occasions...When he was running away from me."

"Correct JaK, Treecko's do have the ability to climb up vertical surfaces and wall climb, due to suction cups on the bottom of their hands and feet. Now, how about you miss?"
    ♥Aphrodite.
    ♥Aphrodite.
    Admin

Post  ♥Aphrodite. Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:00 am

Sammie laughs nervously. She's gonna have to step out on a limb here and hope for the best.

Sammie "Well, Squirt can withdraw into her shell to protect herself. That's a unique ability, right?"

She looked at the teacher, smiling and secretly wishing that the teacher agreed with her answer.
    Jαʞ™
    Jαʞ™

Post  Jαʞ™ Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:06 am

"Correct, very good both of you. Now can you tell me the type of environment you would find your pokemon in?"

"That's easy, it's a gecko type pokemon. So mainly forests, wild grass and stuff like that."

"Correct again JaK!"
    ♥Aphrodite.
    ♥Aphrodite.
    Admin

Post  ♥Aphrodite. Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:11 am

Sammie "And if I ever wanted to find a few of Squirt's cousins, I know that I'd need to look around freshwater lakes and ponds."

This time, she smiled with confidence, knowing that this answer was correct. The teacher nodded her head.

Teacher "Very good! And now for the final question: If a Pidgey leaves his nest at 9 A.M. and a Spearow leaves his nest at 9:15 A.M., and they're both headed in the same direction, at what time will their flight paths cross?"

Sammie looks at Squirt who hunches her shoulders and then she looks over to JaK. Did he know?
    Jαʞ™
    Jαʞ™

Post  Jαʞ™ Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:21 am

"Eh...Um, 9:10?"

"Correct."

"Wow really!?!"

"No, not really, but that was a good guess ahahaha"

"Oh, nevermind then" Neutral

"Well what do you say class, that question was kind of hard. Should we give them a bonus round?"

All the kids jump up and down and say yes with smiles on their faces.

"Ok then, can either of you tell me. One specific type ability that both your pokemon have as starters?"

"Hmmm, I'm gonna say. Since Treecko's a grass type, that when he uses grass type moves, they become more powerful?"

"Right you are, but that's not exactly what I was looking for. What about you miss?"
    ♥Aphrodite.
    ♥Aphrodite.
    Admin

Post  ♥Aphrodite. Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:32 am

Sammie "Well Squirt's water-type moves will become stronger only when she's weaker than usual. Is that what you're talking about?"

Jαʞ™
    Jαʞ™

Post  Jαʞ™ Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:48 am

"Right you are, the abilities overgrow and torrent. Make it so that when starter pokemon like these are weakened, they will become 10 times more powerful than usual. Making their grass or water type attacks, much more dangerous. This also goes for fire type starters with the ability blaze and that class, is why we usually issue these pokemon to beginning trainers. So that when they get in a tough bind, hopefully your pokemon will be able to get you out of it. You both did very well by the way and even though you did miss a question or two, I think you both deserve a prize."

The teacher would then go into her desk and pull out a potion for each of them.

"There you go, I'm sure you both know what these do."

"It's like a pokemon center on the go."

"Ummhmm, yup. Enjoy both of you, also I have something for your pokemon too."

Viridian City Bag_Rare_Candy_Sprite

The teacher would also take two rare candies form her pocket and fling them to Squirt and Treecko. The pokemon catching them and looking thankfully at the teacher, before Treecko immediately devours his treat.
    ♥Aphrodite.
    ♥Aphrodite.
    Admin

Post  ♥Aphrodite. Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:53 am

Sammie "Thanks a lot, miss. Say thank you, Squirt."

SQUIRT SQUIRTLE!

Teacher
    "Oh, you're very welcome, Squirt. And now class, it's time for lunch. Be back on time, and we'll discuss branched evolution."

The children all get up with their paper sacks and begin to head outside.
    Jαʞ™
    Jαʞ™

Post  Jαʞ™ Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:06 pm

As JaK heads outside with Teecko following behind him, the pokemon would still have it's arms folded with a twig in it's mouth. JaK then seeing Sammie, would approach the girl and extends a hand.

"Hi I'm JaK and thanks for helping me out back there. I didn't know half that stuff."
    ♥Aphrodite.
    ♥Aphrodite.
    Admin

Post  ♥Aphrodite. Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:19 pm

Sammie "Well that makes two of us. I'm Sammie, nice to meet you."

Sammie said as she laughed and shook his hand. Hopefully her palms weren't sweaty and her laugh wasn't goofy. Then she bent down to say hello to Treecko. She whipped out her Pokedex to know a little about him before adressing him.

Treecko, the Wood Gecko Pokémon. Treecko are able to climb smooth verticle walls and use their thick tail to attack opponents. Since Treecko build their nests in large trees it is said that those trees will live a very long life.
    Viridian City Spr_3e_252

Sammie "It's nice to meet you too, Treecko."

Treecko didn't seem interested.

Jαʞ™
    Jαʞ™

Post  Jαʞ™ Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:27 pm

JaK would facepalm as he remembered he had forgotten about his pokedex and could've been scanning pokemon this whole time. Quickly taking it out and pointing it at Squirtle...
    Viridian City 007
    "Squirtle, The Tiny Turtle Pokemon. Squirtle's shell is not merely used for protection. The shell's rounded shape and the grooves on its surface help minimize resistance in water, enabling this Pokémon to swim at high speeds."
    "Cool, so where you heading to now Sammie?"
    Reverse
    Reverse

Post  Reverse Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:29 pm

With a sigh of relief after a seemingly long walk through Route 1, Tyson & Dom arrive in Viridian City taking in the complete difference in surroundings no longer seeing tree's and wild pokémon but tall skyscrapers and shops as far as the eye could see "Definatley different to Route 1"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:20 pm